University of Windsor - Law - Breaking News - JD/LLB Students Lead UD Mercy to International Round of the 2009 Jessup
This isn't exactly fresh news... but it is at least worth an entry in the JD/LLB Blog.
4 of 5 members of the UDM Jessup International Moot Court team are JD/LLB students. The team placed 2nd in the Midwest Super-Regional Jessup Tournament held in Chicago, IL on the weekend of February 12-15. By virtue of that finish, they have earned UDM a spot in the Shearman & Sterling, WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Rounds which are held every year in Washington, D.C.. This is the furthest UDM has advanced in the competition in all the years the school has fielded a Jessup team. Many years (last year was one) the team has been only one win away from advancing to the World Rounds only to come up short.
The Jessup Competition is the largest Moot Court competition in the world, and is focused on issues of International Law. Given that JD/LLB students are training in two different legal systems, competing in the Jessup is a natural fit.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for your previous answer to my question...and now I have another.
In February, I was told by someone in the UDM admissions office that my UDM scholarship offer would be applied to the UDM portion of my JD/LLB tuition. Now the financial aid office lady is telling me that I would forfeit my scholarship offer by enrolling in the JD/LLB program. I don't know who to believe...and that's quite a difference in cost.
I e-mailed Jennifer Henderson about it, but considering the fact that I need to decide where I'm going and what I'm doing by April 1, I thought I would see if any of you could answer my question sooner than she could.
Thanks.
Sorry Meagan, I hope you got your question answered. I would have just told you that you should contact Jennifer Henderson (Program Director) or Amy Smith (Assistant Program Director).
Post a Comment