Monday, September 17, 2007

There's an election going on!

If you've been able to lift your eyes from your books, you may already know there is an election happening in Ontario. If you didn't notice, don't worry, I think most of Ontario hasn't noticed either.

As conscientious law students, I would suggest that it is our duty to make sure we exercise our democratic right to vote. Therefore I admonish all of you (who are eligible) to vote in the October 10th election!

For information on how you can get on the electoral list (if you want to vote locally), or how you can vote through an absentee ballot take a look at the Elections Ontario website: Elections Ontario Home Page

Also, you will note that there is a referendum question on the ballot this year. We get to vote on whether we would like to see a change to the way we elect the Provincial Legislature here in Ontario.

So get informed and take a few minutes to get on the electoral list, or request an absentee ballot from your home-riding, it won't take much time to do so.

No comments: