Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Tip(s) a Day Installment #2!

I hope you enjoyed yesterday's Tip a Day, here's round 2!

Tip A Day #3:
  • Decide which U Windsor parking pass you will need. There are two options:

    • U Windsor Student Pass which will cost $200 CDN for 8 months. The student lots are a little bit of a walk from the Law School, but the bonus is that you can park for free at the St. Denis Centre Gym parking lots. If you're like me, and like to work out this is a good option, you get to work out and get a little walk from your car and back!
      • If you decide on this option you should act fast. last year when we arrived on August 20th there were no student passes left! Check the website for details.

    • Canterbury College parking pass which, last year cost $30 a month, the advantage to this pass is that the closest lot to the Law School, which comes in handy on rainy or snowy days, or those days when you're running late!
      • This option I believe is only available in person, and there were a number left when I got mine last year, but maybe get on it before the LLB's arrive.
Tip A Day #4:

  • Buy a roll of tokens for crossing at the tunnel, as of the time of this post you get 20 tokens for $60 USD or $70 CDN. There is also a frequent toll-card for the Bridge, if you prefer to take the Ambassador Bridge. I don't know how that works myself as I am a tunnel guy.
      • Whichever option you decide on, as long as the Canadian $ is above 90 cents US you save a bit of money buying the tokens/card with US dollars.
I hope those tips help, I will try to keep them coming!

No comments: